A Typical Day at Little John’s Preschool
At Little John’s, we offer a free choice group where children decide their own activities, and are encouraged to do so for themselves, while being supported by the staff. However, we enjoy coming together as a group for snacks and lunch, games, circle time, singing and story time and outside play.
We play outside regardless of the weather so children need to come to preschool with suitable outdoor clothing. As well as playing outdoors, we also enjoy messy activities such as painting, learning to write with pens, and eating lunch! Sometimes this means we make a few marks on our clothes while we learn.
- 9:00 – 9:15 meet and greet registration
- 9:15 – 9:30 Circle time- this is where we meet as a group and talk about the day and listen to the children’s news from home
- 9:30 – 10.30 We have free choice in which children can choose from the different activities in the room. All the activities are planned to suit the needs of the children
- 10:30 – 10:45 We all get involved in tidying up our room
- 10:45 – 11:00 singing and story time
- 11:00 – 11:15 snack time – We provide healthy snacks daily during morning sessions, for example, cereal or crackers with one or two fresh fruits, with milk or water to drink. Please tell us about your child’s dietary needs and we will make sure that these are met
- 11:15 – 11:45 outside play, we have daily access to the St John the Baptist primary school playing fields
- 11:45 – 12:00 say our good byes
- 12:00 – 12:15 Meet and greet registration
- 12:15 – 1:00 Lunch
- 1:00 – 2:20 We have free choice in which children can choose from the different activities in the room. All the activities are planned to suit the needs of the children
- 2:20 – 3:00 Physical time